Nigerian songstress, Simi has blasted the present educational system being practised in Nigeria.
She shared that this is the reason why a lot of talents go to waste in the country.
According to “Jamb Question.” singer, the problem is not caused by incompetent teachers but a misplacement of priority.
Her words, “I feel like the current method of education is faulty. Ppl have different strengths – but we were raised to believe only certain talents or career paths can bring you success. So we see a lot of potential and ideas dying cos they were born to the right ppl in the wrong climate.”
While some quarters feel the teachers are to blame for the decaying educational sector, Simi feels the blame shouldn’t fall solely on them. So the problem is not just the incompetent teachers.
It’s sometimes the misplacement of priorities. The inadequacy of the educational system to cater to the diversity of the human kind.”
She shared this after JAMB approved 160 as the cut-off mark for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)