Ighele recently revealed this to journalists as part of activities to commemorate his 66th birthday in Lagos State.
According to him, we need capable leaders who are can revive dead sectors of the economy as well as dying ones as soon as possible.
He added that it is a shame to see how Nigeria is still not positioned for greatness by political elites despite the abundance of untapped natural endowment and human resources Nigeria is blessed with.
His words, “Unfortunately, the Nigerian elites know nothing about nation-building; they are encumbered with the nation’s resources accumulation. Outside Nigeria, in other African countries, there are Fulani herdsmen but they don’t engage in destruction of lives the way they are in Nigeria. The reason is not far-fetched.”
“The political leaders in those countries are better than our leaders. They are more mature. They know more about leadership. They know more about social cohesion. Ghana had challenges before but Jerry Rawlings came and put up a structure. The problems in the country boil down to the elites.”
Do you agree?
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]