The governor recently revealed this during his visit to the troubled area, and Nigerian have been reacting.
According to him, the government will keep finding a lasting solution to the avoidable violence, but the youths should also call themselves to order.
He added that the people should not take laws into their own hands, as they need to allow the security agents to do their jobs to restore peace in the region.
His words, “We have come to plead with you that no matter how angry, we should not react violently.”
“I know many things may get us angry, but as we know, we have been living together for long. Let us think about the past, let us consider our peaceful coexistence in the past. Let us be calm.”
“I have come on behalf of all southwest Governors, I beg you to be calm. While thinking about us here, let us also know that we are also everywhere.”
“This is our fatherland, no doubt, but our people are also in some other people’s fatherland. We must also think about them.”
“Let us not take laws into our hands. The police are here and they are ready to work now. Amotekun officers are here for you. I’m not saying that for us as Governors that we are perfect or the police are perfect.”
“But we can’t take laws into our hands. Please, we know it might be very provocative but I appeal for calm because we have families in the up North. Let us cooperate with our Governor, Seyi Makinde.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Kelly Hansome – Ndi Ara [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Woman
- Yemi Sax – My Woman My Everything + Thinking Out Loud [AuDio]
- Wasiu Alabi Pasuma – Change [AuDio]
- Henry Knight – Damilohun [AuDio]
- Jidenna – Chief Don’t Run [AuDio]
- A-Q – Red Cups ft Mr. J.I [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Toby Grey – Na U ft Soma [AuDio]
- Seriki – Angel ft Sojay [AuDio]
- Olamide – Buga Small Small [AuDio]
- Orezi & Sheebah – Sweet Sensation [AuDio]
- Nasty C – Uno (Cemix) [AuDio]