The pedestrian bridge was said to still be under construction and workers at the site had warned pedestrians not to pass the area.
About seven persons have been reported dead on Sunday, April 26, at Dorayi quartersarea of Kano state after a pedestrian bridge collapsed on a taxi.
The pedestrian bridge was said to still be under construction and workers at the site had warned pedestrians, including the taxi driver, not to ply the area.
Reports say the taxi driver drove underneath the bridge anyway, and unfortunately it collapsed on his car, leaving him and his passengers dead. Some pedestrians were also reported killed in the accident.
Confirming the incident, Kano Police command Public Relations Officer, Magaji Majiya, said it happened around 4:45 p.m.
�The workers at the site had warned motorists not to pass because they were working on the bridge but the driver of the taxi allegedly ignored the warning.
�So, the moment he moved; before he passed, the bridge caved in and collapsed on the vehicle, which led to the death of seven persons,” the police spokesperson told NAN.
He said the vehicle has been evacuated from the scene and the corpses have been deposited at a hospital morgue.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]