He recently had his say via his social media page, and fans have been reacting.
According to him, it is funny how people now use the word humble to control others, when it should be strictly for something positive.
His words, “Humble is a negative word that is used to control people.”
Iyanya Onoyom Mbuk (born 31 October 1986), known by his stage name Iyanya, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He rose to fame after winning the first season of Project Fame West Africa, and is best known for his hit single “Kukere”.
Iyanya was born on Palm Street in Calabar, Cross River State. His mother was a head mistress and his father was a forester. Iyanya has described his mother as the household disciplinarian, while his father was the gentler of the two.
His parents both died in 2008, and his older brother died around the same time. Iyanya’s grandfather was a clergyman where Iyanya sang in his church’s choir and was the choir master for the children’s choir at age five.
On 16 October 2013, 360Nobs reported that Iyanya became an ambassador for Solo Phones Nigeria, a mobile phone company situated at Computer Village, Ikeja. The one-year deal was reportedly worth $220,000 (35 million naira). In addition, Iyanya got a 2014 Toyota Prado from the deal.
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]