He recently revealed this via a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, the Vice-President spoke in an interview with State House correspondents shortly after he presided over the weekly meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
According to him, Nigerian Muslims should not to see the ongoing Ramadan fast as merely a season of abstinence from food, drink and worldly pleasures, they should see it as a time of rededication to the higher values and virtues of love, kindness, generosity.
He added that citizens must start recommitting themselves now and in the future, to the advancement of the unity, brotherhood, and peace in Nigeria.
His words, “I would like to express special greetings to our Muslim brothers and sisters who have begun the Ramadan fast.”
“This is not merely a season of abstinence from food, drink, and worldly pleasures.”
“It is a time of rededication to the higher values and virtues of love, kindness, generosity, and consideration for others regardless of faith or ethnicity.”
“In particular for our nation, we must recommit ourselves now and in the future to the advancement of the unity, brotherhood, and peace in Nigeria.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]