Davido has severally denied these accusations blatantly and insisted that he writes all his songs by himself.
Its unarguable that Aye sounds similar to Runtown’s hit single which co-incidentally features Davido.
Tribune caught up with Runtown and when they asked about the Gallardo-Aye relationship, the singer said;
Davido has had a number of interviews where he addressed how the song came about. So if you want to learn more about Aye ask David or read his interviews. The first time I heard about that, I felt it was nobody’s business to raise issues like that. I know we are in Africa and people like to ask questions, but it is certainly not my business. You cannot clarify from me. Maybe the song sounds like something I would have done myself, perhaps that is why people are saying so.
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Saskay – 5quad
- Basketmouth & Buju – Your Body
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- B Red – Lady ft Yemi Alade
- Phenom – Shamanya ft Olamide & Phyno
- Joeboy – Alcohol
- YCee – Aunty Lovina ft Patoranking
- King Six – These Days
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse