Davido has severally denied these accusations blatantly and insisted that he writes all his songs by himself.
Its unarguable that Aye sounds similar to Runtown’s hit single which co-incidentally features Davido.
Tribune caught up with Runtown and when they asked about the Gallardo-Aye relationship, the singer said;
Davido has had a number of interviews where he addressed how the song came about. So if you want to learn more about Aye ask David or read his interviews. The first time I heard about that, I felt it was nobody’s business to raise issues like that. I know we are in Africa and people like to ask questions, but it is certainly not my business. You cannot clarify from me. Maybe the song sounds like something I would have done myself, perhaps that is why people are saying so.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan