Its 50 days to Russia 2018, where all 32 teams will compete for the ultimate price and pride of their various nations. We are here to countdown to this great world tournament.
We will give you in depth information on all teams, how they got through their various qualifying series, the profile of some stars of each team, probable team list to the tournament. The tournament billed to run through the 14th of June – 15th of July 2018.
This is the biggest stage in world football where all players take it as a platform to show their skills and strength.
There will be twelve stadiums hosting the tournament
- Luzhniki Stadium: The iconic Luzhniki Stadium is both the oldest and largest stadium in the tournament with 81,000-seating capacity and will host the opening match, a semifinal and the World Cup Final on July 15th.
- Kazan Areana : Designed by Populous, the same company that designed Wembley and the Emirates, the Kazan Arena is home to Rubin Kazan. The HD screen on the side of the stadium is a sight to be hold. The Kazan arena has a capacity of 45,379 seats.
- Spartak Stadium: Home of Spartak Moscow, its iconic statue of Spartacus just outside the stadium is a visible landmark. The exterior design of the stadium features hundreds of connected diamonds, reminiscent of chainmail. It has a seated capacity of 43,298
- Nizhny Novgorod Stadium: The newly-built 45,000-seat World Cup venue in Nizhny Novgorod will host six matches including a quarter-final. FC Olimpiyets Nizhny Novgorod will inherit the stadium after the tournament.
- Rostov-on-Don Stadium : Another new stadium. Groundbreaking for the stadium began in 2013, during which in-tact shells from World War II were found. Hosting five games in the tornament with 45000 seat capacity.FC Rostov will be the team to inherit this masterpiece.
- Saint Petersburg Stadium : This was built from Kisho Kurokawa’s “The Spaceship” design, it is a scaled-down version of the same designer’s Toyota Stadium in Toyota City, Japan. Equipped with a sliding pitch and retractable roof, the stadium is one of the most technologically advanced in the world. Capacity of 68,134 seater and will play home to Russian club side Zenith St. Petersburg after the world cup.
- Samara Stadium : This edifice looks metallic and could light up at night, having the shape of a aero spaceship and has a capacity of 44,800 seats.
- Saransk :
- Fisht Stadium : Home to the Opening and Closing Ceremonies at the 2014 Winter Games, the 48,000 seat Fisht Stadium will host 4 group stage matches, as well as a round of 16 match and a quarter-final match. The roof of the stadium, which was designed to look like snowy peaks for the Winter Games, has been for the World Cup tournament. partially removed to open it up
- Volgograd Arena : A capacity of 45,568 that will be reduced to 35,000 capacity seats after the tournament. It will be home of Russian top-flight side Rotor Volgograd. It has a dynamic cable roof.
- Ekaterinburg Arena : Also known as Central Stadium first opened in 1957, its seating capacity of 27,000 made it one of the largest in the world. While no one would describe the stadium as such in the present day, the stadium remains impressive nonetheless, and is one of only a few existing stadiums that will host World Cup matches in 2018. It now has an additional 8,000 capacity.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Sweet Potato [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Wizkid – Eleniyan [AuDio]
- Erigga – Cable ft Skally Normal [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay – Crazy ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- D’banj – Finally [AuDio]
- Flavour – I’m For Real [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]