Nigerian Senate has urged security agencies to improve their surveillance on the Bonny-Port-Harcourt waterways.
The upper legislative chamber gave this order after a motion on piracy attacks on Bonny – Port-Harcourt waterways which was sponsored by Senator Betty Apiafi (PDP, Rivers West), on Thursday, October 3, 2019.
The Senate also said the committee on works should make sure there is proper funding in the 2020 budget for the completion of the Bonny – Port Harcourt waterways.
In her motion, Senator Apiafi talked about how 4 boats were attacked on September 26, 2019, by pirates. She said the passengers lost their properties and some of them were even kidnapped.
Her words, “This unprecedented challenge on the Bonny-Port-Harcourt waterways have put many travelers at risk, and almost on a daily basis armed bandits kidnap commuters.”
Senator Thompson George Sekibo (PDP, Rivers East) also backed the motion. He said activities of sea pirates has actually resulted in the abduction, killing and rape of Nigerians.
- Trilly & Davido – 1942
- SkiiBii – Are You Vhere [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Ecool – Sobente ft Myde
- Dremo – What’s Popping (Dremix)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- D’banj – Ikebe [AuDio]
- Jeff Akoh – Better Thing (Remix) ft Peruzzi
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]