If this order is been actualized it means many of our young men who are mistook for criminals and thugs will die in the hands of the police as they will use this as an opportunity to oppress the poor masses.
A meeting of Security and Police stakeholders was held with the New Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohinmi. After hours of deliberations there were resolutions passed, some of the tenacity passed after the meeting where:
- Area commander will communicate with various community leaders to form a non-arms bearing vigilante groups and 3 armed Policemen will be attached to each vigilante group for night duty patrol.
- Uncompleted and Abandoned Edifice will be routinely raided pending when the state government will take action on such buildings. Also, no one is allowed to sleep in the market henceforth.
- The Police now have shoot-at-sight order on any body found brandishing arms with intent to kill or maim.
- All DPO’s and Area Commanders should make themselves available for citizens complaints.
- All Police Patrol vans are now mobile police stations and citizens can lodge their immediate and urgent complaints to them, so as to save time and arrest such situations that needs urgent police presence.
- A Citizen’s Complaint Centre has been created to report any genuine complain about the police and the New Commissioner of Police released 10 mobile numbers of the complaints centre so that citizens can report any erring officers or Police Station…