Malam Nura Tela-Ada, an APC stalwart, has asked for the regulation of social media to prevent abuse.
He revealed this while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Daura, headquarters of Daura Local Government Area (LGA) of the state today.
This was Tela’s reaction to fake news on social media that said President Muhammadu Buhari was planning to get married to one of his ministers.
His words, “The attempt to cause confusion and disaffection within the first family on social media is condemnable.
“The act of posting fake photographs and baseless information indicating that the President is marrying one of his ministers Ms Aisha Farouk is really sad.”
“This is the highest form of manifestation of indiscipline and lack of respect for our leaders.”
“This negative trend will definitely affect our national values and traditions.”
“No amount of insult or blackmail will deter government from pursuing its anti corruption fight.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- BOJ – Emotions
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Diamond Platnumz – Simba [AuDio]