He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, at least 10 Nigerian states have bigger GDPs than those countries, so there is a need to appreciate the size of Nigeria which is key to understanding what our issues are.
Osinbajo added that people must know that Borno State is about the size of the whole of the United Kingdom plus Sweden or Denmark.
His words, “First, there is a need to appreciate the size of the country, which is crucial to understanding what the issues are.”
“For instance, Borno State is about the size of the whole of the United Kingdom plus Sweden or Denmark. So, when it is reported that there is violence in Nigeria, it is probably an incident in one remote area of the country, and many people in Abuja and Lagos may hear about it on social media, such is the size of this country.”
“When they talk about the economy, we are often compared with smaller African countries, but there are 10 states in Nigeria that have bigger GDPs than those countries, it is a huge target market.”
“It is important to constantly engage the international community to show them how we feel about the stereotypes. It comes down to the work we do as a government and people about the characterisation. This is why the work around the ease of doing business is the initiative that has behind it, the whole idea that this environment is one that is welcoming to business and people can come and do business.”
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]