National President, Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria (RIFAN), Alhaji Aminu Goronyo has come out to say that the closure of Nigeria’s land borders is not to make farmers rich but to aid patriotism in the country.
Alhaji Aminu disclosed this during an interactive session in Sokoto today.
He said the border was shut down for the good of Nigeria and its citizens.
His words, “We have realised many successes by the border closure resulting to the saving of about N300 billion from the annual rice importation to Nigeria.
“Today, we are no longer dependent on the rice we consume in the country with only N80 billion to produce locally on annual basis.
“Before 2015 Nigeria, spent nothing less than N368 billion for rice importation but today that same money is in circulation within the country’s business community.
“Moreover, the border closure is part of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s patriotic gesture and encouraging Nigerians to follow suit.
“However, the closure is not to enrich rice farmers but a devotion to the welfare of the country and commitment to compete with other nations.”
“It is time we realise the need for our country to be independent on food than enriching people from other countries and increasing poverty and unemployment among our people.
“Nigerian farmers are producing more than the country’s consumption today, as such we should continue to encourage and commend the government on the effort.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Simi – There For You ft Ms Banks [AuDio]
- Skales – Tell Us [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- May D – Molatiwa E (I Gasto Find You) [AuDio]
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]