Abia State government has announced an outbreak of Lassa Fever in Olokoro community, Umuahia South council area, revealing that a 28-year-old man recently died of the disease.
Permanent Secretary, State Ministry of Health, Chief Egbulefu Eze spoke about the outbreak at a news conference and dismissed fears of a potential epidemic.
According to him, the man died on January 1st at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia where he was rushed to, and after several investigations, they found out that he died of Lassa fever.
His words, “I want to report about an outbreak of Lassa fever at Olokoro in Abia state.”
He added that it was the 4th time the state was witnessing Lassa fever outbreak since 1999.
He, however, added that the government has contained the previous outbreaks and this one will not be different.
What do you think?
- TareeQ – Medicine [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- FloWolf, Dremo & Mayorkun – On A Jay
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Zoro – Church [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]