He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, PDP’s constitution specifies that key political offices be rotated between the North and the South to ensure equity, justice and fairness, but that has not been the case.
He added that this action of the PDP amounted to injustice and a lack of equity, so he had to withdraw his support.
His words, “Conscious of the need to share and rotate key political offices among the diverse people of our country, the PDP constitution clearly stated that it shall adhere at all times to the policy of the rotation and zoning of the party and public elective offices in pursuance of the principles of equity, justice, and fairness.”
“Even when the PDP National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, made a firm commitment to step down should a Northerner emerge as the presidential candidate for the 2023 election, the leadership jettisoned the constitutional provision and turned the logic upside down.”
“It was expected that in 2023, the PDP would, in a corresponding manner, allow the South to contest for the plum position, but the party would, in its decision, open the contest for both the Northern and Southern aspirants.”
“The action of the PDP amounted to injustice and a lack of equity, maintaining that it is morally wrong to leave power in the north after President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure in 2023.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
NaijaVibe at 10 MixTape
DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
Mani Lapussh – Whine For Me
TareeQ – Medicine
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Dekumzy – Ashawoosa [AuDio]
- HarrySong – I’m in Love Remix ft Olamide
- Bracket – Nana [AuDio]
- TMP – Gettin Money ft Olamide
- HarrySong – Kolombo [AuDio]
- VTEK – Yur Fada Nyash [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- Dj Davisy – Naija Next Rated [MixTape]
- Tekno – Show Me Your Back [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Sweet Potato [AuDio]