He recently revealed this during an interactive session with journalists to commemorate his 70th birthday.
According to him, there is nothing bad in the government discussing with IPOB because doing otherwise will only lead to more trouble from the group.
He added that Igbos are obviously marginalized and cheated and this reality cannot be tolerated by indigens anymore.
His words, “There is nothing bad in discussing with IPOB. If you don’t discuss with them, they will continue to give you trouble,”
“We can’t be happy when other regions have six states and we have five. It shows that we are marginalised and cheated. That is what is causing the agitation in the region.
“Some groups are agitating that the zone should be a country on its own. Others are demanding restructuring because it is glaring that the southeast is being marginalised.
“If you treat me fairly like you treat other people and I’m convinced that you are sincere, I will not complain. It is when I look around me and I see that I am being marginalised and treated like a second-class citizen that would make people be agitating.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda