She recently had her say in the latest episode of her “Archetypes” podcast, and fans have been reacting.
According to her, woke simply means being alert to injustice in society, especially racism, and she sees nothing wrong with having such a belief.
Meghan added that she also sees nothing wrong with a woman having an opinion as strongly as a man.
Her words, “Or the word ‘woke.’ I know I’m saying ‘woke.’ I fully realize I am spoon-feeding the clickbait, but here’s why. Because ‘woke,’ by definition, means alert to injustice in society, especially racism.”
“Now, what’s loaded or wrong with that? And when you layer a woman into that seemingly anodyne definition, it becomes for many almost disgusting, ‘outrageous,’ they would say, but why?”
“What is so scary about a woman having an opinion as strongly as a man does? And why do we sometimes cower to that? Turtle, as I often say — go back into the safety of our own shell.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Omah Lay – Woman
- Wizkid – Ojuelegba (Remix) ft Drake & Skepta [AuDio]
- Yemi Sax – My Woman My Everything + Thinking Out Loud [AuDio]
- Wasiu Alabi Pasuma – Change [AuDio]
- Henry Knight – Damilohun [AuDio]
- A-Q – Red Cups ft Mr. J.I [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Toby Grey – Na U ft Soma [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Gbona [AuDio]
- Seriki – Angel ft Sojay [AuDio]
- Reekado Banks – Rora [AuDio]
- Orezi & Sheebah – Sweet Sensation [AuDio]
- Nasty C – Uno (Cemix) [AuDio]