The Lagos State Election Petitions Tribunal has issued a verdict dismissing the petition challenging the victory of Senator ‘Gbenga Ashafa at the March 28 National Assembly Elections.
The tribunal upheld the victory of Senator ‘Gbenga Ashafa of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the rightfully elected Senator representing Lagos East Senatorial District.
Senator ‘Gbenga Ashafa has hailed the verdict of the tribunal, describing it as another momentous occasion when justice has aligned with the people’s votes.
It would be recalled that shortly after the elections held, the People’s Democratic Party had gone ahead to contest the victory of the APC at the tribunal, asking that its candidate, Mrs. Olabisi Salis-Ayodele be declared winner instead.
Ashafa thanked all supporters of the APC in Lagos State for their patience and steadfastness, saying that the verdict of the tribunal would afford him more time to focus wholly on the business of legislation in the Senate.
“This is not just my victory. It’s a victory for democracy and a victory for the party � a reflection of how the people voted. I believe that the APC as a party will validate the mandate given to it at all levels and continue to strengthen our democracy”.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan