He recently revealed that anyone who is not comfortable with the lawmakers in the present 9th Senate should not waste time in voting them out when the time comes.
According to him, the annual budget of the National Assembly is less than one per cent of the nation’s 2021 budget, and Nigerians must be aware of that.
He added that it also does not make sense if the senate is scrapped over the perceived jumbo pay being earned by the senators.
What do you think?
Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan (born 12 January 1959) is a Nigerian senator who serves as the President of the Senate of Nigeria. He represent Yobe North Constituency of Yobe State under the All Progressive Congress (APC). His tenure as a senator started since 2007 Nigeria general election.
In 2019, he emerged the new Senate President of the 9th National Assembly with 79 votes cast to beat Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume with 28 votes.
Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan was a lecturer with a Nigeria federal university of Maiduguri, Borno North-Eastern state and a politician and senator now the president of the Nigerian senate. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Geography from the University of Maiduguri in 1984.
A master’s degree in Remote Sensing from the Ahmadu Bello University and a Doctorate degree in Remote Sensing/GIS from Cranfield University, UK, in 1990 and 1996 respectively.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)