The brouhaha is believed to have started back in late 2012 when Olamide released his YBNL album.
On the track titled ‘Picture’, Olamide rapped about not letting his guard down when it comes to interacting with obsessed female fans.
‘Oloso (prostitutes) thinking of how to ruin me, but I know what I’m doing/they want to Wande Coal me, they want to Davido me,’ he rapped.
Both Wande Coal and Davido have been involved in controversies over nude/half nude photos purportedly leaked by women.
(Photo below) Wande Coal, we are told, was not impressed by Olamide’s reference to the incident.
Wande Coal had wrapped up his verse when he found out Olamide would also be featured on the song. Sources say Wande wasn’t pleased with that and asked that he should not be featured on the same track with Olamide.
Ice Prince, we are told, was forced to take Wande Coal’s verse off the song and replace it with a verse from Burna Boy. The song, produced by Chopstix, was released for digital download on April 24, 2013.
Interestingly, a previous version of the song, which featured Wande Coal’s verse, leaked on the internet four months later, August 23, 2013
Both parties have been reached over the situation, but they had not responded as at the time this report was filed.
See the pic that was leaked some years ago which Olamide rapped about:
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]