Hip-hop star, Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe, better known as Wande Coal, has opened up on what has been his best kept secret saying he has a five year old son whom he affectionately called Coal Jnr.
Speaking with P.M NEWS recently, the Black Diamond star said rather than being subjected to crude speculations by some mischievous groups, he would want to reveal the private side of him that many didn’t know.
Nobody is going to surprise me anymore. Let me then announce to the whole world that I already have a five-year old son. I had the boy since 2008 before I released my debut album, ‘Mushin 2 Mo’Hits’. I have been keeping it secret ever since then but think it’s high time people should know
Wande, who on Tuesday 28 January was unveiled as Globacom’s latest ambassador, said this is a new era in his life and would love to clear the air on many of those subjects including his controversial exit from his last label, Mavin Records, relationship with Don Jazzy and D’Banj.
- According to Mushin-Lagos-bred singer, there was no beef prior to his leaving Don Jazzy’s label except that he just needed a move so as to grow as a musician and businessman. He said it is not true that his reconnection with D’Banj influenced his decision to leave Don Jazzy.
It was my desire to grow and build my own brand, Black Diamond, that made me quit Mavin Records. There is no beef at all. I would have done that when Mo’Hit crisis occurred but the love that I have for my other label mates then made me stay a while to nurture my own project. When I was convinced it is time, then I moved.
He added that it was very easy for him to leave when he left because he never signed any contractual agreement while with the label.
Everything I did with Mavin, I did it with love. There was no deal. It was strictly done with pure heart for a brother, and I stayed obedient till I left. I am happy now that things are taking shape with Black Diamond.
- On being on the same platform with D’Banj as Glo ambassadors, Wande said he is more than happy as it provokes nostalgic feeling.
D’Banj and I were like 5 and 6 in the Mo’Hit era. He is like a big brother to me from way back. Now that he’s also a Glo ambassador, it gives me warm feeling. It makes me even more happy.
The artiste who is expected to jet out of the country to shoot commercials for Glo said his second album is almost ready and will be released soon on Black Diamond imprints.
- Dremo – What’s Popping (Dremix)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Trilly & Davido – 1942
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- SkiiBii – Are You Vhere [AuDio]
- Ruger, D’Prince & Rema – One Shirt
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- D’banj – Ikebe [AuDio]