The recent visit to Aso Rock by Nollywood stars raised a lot of eyebrows considering the surmounting insecurity issues in the country. Film maker Kabat Esosa was one of the first to lash out saying
One question I think begs an answer from them is; what was the reason and value of the Presidential visit? How have their visit added anything to the hue and cry in the country in respect of security, unemployment etc.
Segun Arinze who was there replied him
I think it’s so unfair for anyone to criticise AGN for paying a courtesy visit to President Goodluck Jonathan. We are an Association in Nollywood and our visit was to discuss issues as it affects our Guild and the industry in general. Everybody transported themselves to and fro.
We didn’t go begging for alms. Pls do read Madam President Ibinabo Fiberisma’s speech which has been sent by mail to you. Kabat’s statement was totally uncalled for. We are very apolitical. We have a right to visit GEJ after all he’s the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Segun began.
Chyke Bryan who is the president of screen writers guild is down with kidney problem. What have the members of that guild of whom Kabat is also a member done to raise money for his treatment? They should stop poking their noses in other people’s business. And focus on how to move the industry forward instead of bickering and sulking like Children. Making a mountain out of a molehill.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- L.A.X – Faster
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]