INEC National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Mr Festus Okoye, revealed this during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) today in Abuja.
According to Festus, even if INEC is expected to obey court orders or judgments from the Supreme Court, they cannot act on mere reports from radio stations and print media,
He added that INEC does not have the power to not implement the judgment of the Supreme Court.
His words, “It is when we receive the certified true copy of the judgment that we have clear understanding of what the court tells us to do and we will give effect to the judgment of the supreme court.
”All we have heard and seen as of today are just newspapers reports. We are waiting for our lawyers who are part of the proceedings and certified true copy of the judgment to enable us study and give effect to it.”
“INEC has no power not to implement the judgment of Supreme Court. We are waiting for the certified copy of the judgment so that we can give effect to what the apex court wants us to do.
“We don’t have any personal interest on the judgment of the supreme court. Our interest and competence is just to give effect to the judgment.”
What do you think?
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Mixtape: DJ StiphBami Vs Dee’Jay Hacker Jp – Suave (Coalition Mixtape)
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Ginger Breadman – School Of The Hard Knock [AuDio]
- SleeQ – The General’s Daughter [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Odogwu [AuDio]