Sen Chris Ngige, Minister of Labour and Employment revealed this recently in Abuja when the leadership of Congress of University Academics (CONUA), led by its National Coordinator, Dr. Niyi Sunmonu, paid him a courtesy visit.
According to him, the long strike by ASUU is regrettable because it has negatively affected the educational development of the country, so the government is looking for ways to make things easier for the students.
He added that the review for the application for the new union registration is ongoing and a committee is already looking into its review.
His words, “We are receiving you in audience formally today in this ministry. We have the right to receive associations of persons that are workers, whether we have registered them or not, just as you have the right to apply for registration which is the lawful thing to do.
“We have the right to receive and hold meetings with you. The journey to have you registered has just started.
“You have done the right thing by applying and this ministry has also done the right thing by processing your registration.
“The review of your application for registration is ongoing. I have put up a committee to look into that review. I will ask the committee to wind up its work.
“We are giving them four weeks from today to turn in their report to the ministry.
“Part of our job here is to register unions; it is also part of our job to make sure that unions that are not functional are helped.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]