This sparkling necklace really does embody the phrase ‘diamond in the rough’.
Known as L’Incomparable, this glittering necklace features an egg-sized diamond that was discovered by chance in a pile of mining rubble by a young girl in the Democratic Republic of Congo about 30 years ago.
It features a yellow, internally flawless diamond of more than 407 carats suspended from a rose gold setting that is studded with 90 white diamonds weighing nearly 230 carats.
Despite its humble start covered in dirt and debris, the buyer will have to dig deep to buy the piece � it costs $55million and is the world’s most expensive necklace.
The necklace, created by luxury jeweller Mouawad, will be the flashiest item on offer at the Singapore JewelFest next week.
‘Serious interest’ has been expressed by a couple of potential buyers from Asia, said Jean Nasr, managing director of Mouawad in Singapore, who refused to identify the possible customers.
‘People who will get something like this are looking at it from a different perspective because this is definitely an investment piece,’ he said
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Rema – Dumebi [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]