Multiple award-winning African pop diva Yemi Alade premieres the visual for ‘Shekere’.
‘Shekere’ which features multiple Grammy award winner Angélique Kidjo, was birthed upon a personal request by Kidjo for Alade to revamp her classic ‘Wombo Lombo’, heavily samples elements from the original updated to the current mainstream Afro-pop sounds.
I dey hear the sound of a tambourine o, Talking drums and shekere combination, I see people under the tambourine o, Dancing like sey there’s a celebration
Yemi Alade emotively sings before progressing into a stellar duet with the iconic Angélique Kidjo who also sings in her native Benin dialect over the groovy DJ Coublon orchestrated instrumentation.
The cinematic visual for the praised number opens up in dramatic sequence which displays the authentic and unapologetic beauty of the African continent, a theme which has dominated in Alade’s artistry and has made her hailed as Africa’s championing artiste of her generation.
‘Shekere’ is a rich and colourful affair, reminiscent of Disney live-action remake and once again cements Alade’s throne as a royal of music videos. The classic visual joins Alade’s elite videography which made her the first and only female Afro-pop artiste to have over 100 million subscribers on YouTube, a and a total cumulative visual stream of over 400 million views.
The album features a host of international stars like Rick Ross, Angélique Kidjo, Afrobeats icon Duncan Mighty and Nollywood star Funke Akindele.
Press Play & Feel the Vibe!
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- L.A.X – Faster
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]