Google revealed this when Doron Avni, Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy Director, led a delegation from Google Global Services in the United States to the State House in Abuja on Thursday, February 13.
According to Avin, the firm has now trained 3 million Nigerians since its promise to train ten million people in Africa.
He added that their collaboration with the Ministry of Education is already yielding fruits as some of Google’s curriculum on online safety have been integrated into the curriculum of several schools.
His words, “Obviously, we have an excellent partner here (Prof. Osinbajo) who has been doing God’s work. It is thanks to leading partners like him that we are able to be helpful in communities in which we operate.
We had made a pledge to train 10 million people in Africa by 2022. I am happy to report to you that so far we have trained more than 5 million people. Most important is the fact that out of those 5 million, 3 million are Nigerians.
“With the collaboration that we have with the Ministry of Education, we have now integrated some of Google’s curriculum on online safety into the school’s curriculum. So, we will be reaching 56 million students in Nigeria this year.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- L.A.X – Faster
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]