Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Chief Sunny Onuesoke has blasted the abuse and illegal use of sirens by specific Very Important Personalities (VIPs) in Nigeria.
According to Sunny, this is pure harassment and intimidation from them to ordinary citizens, and it has to stop.
The PDP man, who revealed this in Warri, Delta State said the people in the state have been complaining about this abuse of power and nothing has been done about it.
He said sirens should only be used during emergencies and not to harass, intimidate and even inflict injuries on road users and ordinary Nigerians.
Sunny believes the culprits might even be doing it illegally.
He quoted Section 154 of the National Road Traffic Regulation, NRTR, 2012 which states, “No person other than the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Vice President, President of the Senate, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chief Justice of Nigeria, Deputy President of the Senate, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Governors and Deputy Governors of States shall drive a vehicle on any public road using sirens, flashers or beacon lights.”
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]