He disclosed this at the opening of a 2-Day Workshop on Compliance with Assets Declaration and Code of Conduct for officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army on Tuesday in Abuja.
According to him, the sensitization workshop would help army personnel to fulfill their obligations as public officers in line with the provisions of the 5th schedule of Nigeria’s constitution.
He added that as members of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, strict compliance with the provisions of the code of conduct is a constitutional responsibility that must be respected.
His words, “Accordingly, I have directed that the same workshop be conducted in the six Nigerian Army Divisions nationwide.”
“My directive is premised on the belief that every person of Nigerian army entrusted with leadership responsibility must understand the primacy of asset declaration and code of conduct for public officers and complying with all its provisions and requirement.”
“This is so because accountability is a prerequisite for driving the fight against corruption which is one of the major focus of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.
“It is gratifying to note that one of the main objectives of this workshop is to educate and sensitise officers and men of the Nigerian army on asset declaration and code of conduct for public officers as well as the consequences of non-compliance.
“As members of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, strict compliance with the provisions of the code of conduct is a constitutional responsibility that must be respected.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Timaya – Okaka
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- Yemi Alade – I Choose You ft Dadju [AuDio]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]