He revealed this as he spoke at Sheraton Hotel in Lagos recently.
According to him, accepting Amotekun in the south-west will make other regions come up with their own armed security outfits.
He added that different regions creating their security outfits would lead to an uncontrollable situation in Nigeria.
His words, “If Amotekun is allowed, soon it may spill over to other regions and may become out of control when other regions come up with armed security outfits that may lead to uncontrollable situation in the country.
“Every Nigerian is interested in Nigerian project. Every Nigerian is benefiting from Nigeria as a nation.”
Do you agree?
Alhaji Tanko Yakasai OFR (born 5 December 1925) is a Nigerian politician, human rights activist and former Liaison Officer to President Shehu Shagari. He is a founding member of Arewa Consultative Forum.
Yakasai was born on 5 December 1925 in the northern Nigerian city of Kano, Yakasai Quarters Kano. He resides in Kano with his family.
Between 1953 and 1986, Tanko Yakasai was one of the most persecuted politicians in the history of Nigerian political activism, he was subjected to arrests and detentions on ten different occasions: four during colonial era, four in the First Republic, and two during military regime: one each under the (1983 to 1985) regime of General Muhammad Buhari and (1985 to 1993) regime of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida.
Although Tanko Yakasai is not privileged to receive a formal education, as a self made person Tanko Yakasai worked hard to acquire an education for himself.
- Tentik – Recognize Now or Famz Later MixTape
- Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love [AuDio]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Erigga – AYEME ft Yungzee [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Sarz & Wizkid – Hold Me (Memories That Last Forever)