He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and fans have been reacting.
According to him, rumours going round that the CBN is willing to remove the inscription are very false, and after a recent meeting with the CBN governor, Godwin Emefiele, he can confirm that the inscription will remain in the redesigned currency.
He added that it is always best for Nigerians to seek clarification in matters like this, instead of concocting misinformation for public consumption.
His words, “There has been speculation going round about the change of some naira notes. I heard various scholars commenting, with some implying that the Ajami on the naira notes would be removed.”
“I want to use this medium to authoritatively confirm to the Muslim ummah that there are no such plans.”
“Since the issue came up, we have spoken to some people in the Central Bank, and they confirmed to me that such a plan is non-existent.”
“When the misconception becomes widespread, I spoke to the CBN governor himself, and he also confirmed to me that there is no plan whatsoever to remove the Ajami.”
“So, I want to appeal to Islamic scholars to please stop acting on unsubstantiated reports.”
“I know some of the scholars making these comments are doing so without investigating the information brought to them.”
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]