He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, Buhari’s impeachment will remain on until the President finds a lasting solution to the current spate of insecurity, poverty and employment in the country.
He added that NASS is currently on recess, but the lawmakers would resume in September to review the ultimatum given to Buhari.
His words, “The issue of impeachment served on Buhari is a serious thing, because security of life and property is the primary assignment of any responsible government and which the President has failed to provide.”
“What we are doing now is to make sure that we fix the country. If the President is not ready to bring security challenges to an end, we are ready to remove him.”
“But if we see serious effort on the part of the President and his men to tackle insecurity, on our resumption, we would not go ahead with the impeachment, but so long as the insecurity continues, we would not hesitate to impeach the president.”
“Based on justice, equity and fairness, the South-East should be given the opportunity to produce the President in 2023.”
“On the current ASUU strike, we have to be careful in handling it, so that our children will go back to school. It is very important. We should not play politics with it. It is unacceptable.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Yemi Alade – Baddie
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- Davido – Skelewu [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Dj Slam – Fresh MixTape vol.1
- Dj Ehyo – the Voluntary Mixtape