Cardi B wrote her name in the history books yesterday after she received the “Best Rap Album.” award at the Grammys for her debut album “Invasion Of Privacy,” becoming the first lady to achieve this.
The classy rapper beat fellow nominees like Pusha T, Travis Scott and the late Mac Miller to the award.
Cardi got on stage to thank her daughter, Kulture, who was born in July last year.
Her words, “I’m not just saying thank you because she’s my daughter. It’s because, you know, when I found out I was pregnant, my album was not complete, like three songs that I was for sure having.
“And then you know, you know how it was, we was like, we have to get this album done so I could still do videos while I’m still not showing. And it was very long nights.”
- Nero – Ifeoma ft Mr. Frank
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Lyta & Fireboy DML – Soro [AuDio]