Before now we (songwriters) charged between N100,000 and N2000,000 for a song. Today I charge as much as 1million to write a song. Truth is, Nigerian artistes now appreciate songwriters. They pay me my money and appreciate me. I have written a lot of songs but I don’t talk about them because Nigerian artistes don’t like it when the songwriters take credit for the songs written for them.
And that’s not all! About his Tribute song to the late South African leader Nelson Mandela, released on December 11, 2013, which received a stunning one million downloads in a single day, an excited Harrysong says:
The proceeds from the caller-back tune is actually worth more than N50m. Truth is, I was paid a lot of money; you know – when they say money that can change someone’s life. That’s the value of what I received.
I can’t reveal the exact amount because we work as a team. So, all the money realised is shared amongst us. You just want to forget all the years of suffering. It’s not a mere hype because the money is there. The song is everywhere. You go to South Africa, the girls are crazy about it.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]