Lionel Messi has admitted there’s mutual respect between himself and Cristiano Ronaldo. As the battle for supremacy among the planet’s two best footballers continues, the Argentine says Ronaldo isn’t his friend. Ronaldo and Messi have each shared the Ballon D’or Award since 2007 and both superstar footballers play for Spain’s two most powerful clubs Real Madrid and Barcelona, leading to suggestions of intense rivalry between the pair.
But speaking to Argentine newspaper El Grafico, Messi said it’s only mutual respect that exists between them not hate or love.
“We are professionals that defend our teams, and rivals in this game, nothing more than that. Sometimes it happens that we win or that we lose. There has always been respect and nothing more.”
However, the Barcelona star made it clear that his ambitions rest on more silverware, not individual prizes.
“I prefer to win something with the national team,” he said. “I am not interested in records. They are there, but that does not make you win titles.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]