Don Jazzy and the younger Mavins have allegedly concluded plans to ‘port’ from MTN to Nigerian-owned telecommunications giant, Globacom, a move that will no doubt change the game between the entertainment industry in Nigeria and the corporate world.
A source who has followed the negotiations closely, claims that news of Don Jazzy’s availability for a new contract came as Globacom was concluding plans to sign Mavin musicians Reekado Banks, Di’Ja and Korede Bello on as brand ambassadors.
The source adds that not only is Glo eager to sign the young ones all at once, they are determined to break the bank by also offering a record – breaking deal to the Mavin Records CEO.
According to the source, Globacom made a difficult to refuse offer to get Don Jazzy in addition.
Don Jazzy, currently has just two months to run on his MTN deal. Other Mavin artists – Tiwa Savage, Dr. Sid, D’Prince, also have individual deals with South African communications giant, MTN. This move is expected to result in a mass exodus of the Mavin family from MTN.
Efforts to get a statement from Mavin Records PR have so far proved abortive as they declined to comment as at the time of publication.
- Ecool – Sobente ft Myde
- Trilly & Davido – 1942
- SkiiBii – Are You Vhere [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Jeff Akoh – Better Thing (Remix) ft Peruzzi
- D’banj – Ikebe [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Dremo – What’s Popping (Dremix)
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2021 Mix