She recently had her say via her social media page, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to her, she does not always like the term ‘strong woman’ because it often means how much suffering a woman can endure.
Toolz added that nowadays a strong woman is simply one who has experienced a lot of burden and heartbreak.
Her words, “Softness for life. One of these days, I will explain why I don’t always like the term ‘strong woman’. For me quite often it basically means how much burden, heartbreak, devastation a woman can carry and just keep going.”
Tolu Oniru, popularly known as Toolz, is a Nigerian radio personality, talk show host, and presenter. She is best known for hosting The Midday Show on The Beat 99.9 FM.
Toolz was born in London on 6 July 1982. She had her primary education at Talbot House preparatory school in Bournemouth, UK, and secondary education in Nigeria before relocating to study at City of Westminster College. She also has a degree in Business and Mass communication from London Metropolitan University. Her parents are the famous Oniru Royal family of Lagos State.
Tolu Oniru married Tunde Demuren, son of a former Director General of National Civil Aviation Authority, Harold Demuren in Dubai on 26 May 2016. According to report by GlobalTimeng, their 4 year old marriage is currently in crisis as she removes husband’s name from Instagram bio. They have one child together.
In an interview with potpourri Tolu oniru talks on how she got into radio presenting on how getting on radio happened accidentally, as it was her first radio gig, and she wasn’t sure she was any good and how she was certain she would be fired in three months, but that didn’t happen. She described her career was initially on a ‘plan-as-I-go’ basis, but now she tries to plan more and set more long-term goals.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Guchi & Yemi Alade – I Swear
- Solidstar – Kaluba
- Shizzi, Davido & Wale – Won Le Ba [AuDio]
- DJ Neptune – Sounds Of Neptune (Afrobeat Lockdown Mix)
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- Godwon – I’ve Been Waiting For You (Sinzu Diss)
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- Ayo Vincent – Serve The Lord ft Don Jazzy [AuDio]
- Gabriel Y.M – Move [AuDio]
- May D – I Wanna Know [AuDio]
- DJ Guchi – Shisha ft Popito, Staizz, Cheddah, Saywat [AuDio]
- Popcaan – My Chargie (Come Closer Remix) ft Drake [AuDio]