Ebonyi State governor, David Umahi has said he will not back anyone that is above his age limit for the 2023 governorship election in the State.
Umahi believes there are various advantages to having a young and vibrant person as the Governor of the State and he will be fully behind a candidate that fits that description.
The governor revealed this when he received members of the State Executive Council led by his Deputy Governor, Barr. Kelechi Igwe at his country home in Uburu, Ohaozara local government area during the yuletide.
He added that, next year, all EXCO members will have to present one Nigerian for business empowerment.
His words, “I will not support anyone that is older than me for Governor come 2023. We need someone that is energetic and ready to lead with every commitment.
“I will not engage in 2023 politics now, I can only talk politics a year to the end of my tenure not now. We are more concerned with developing the state and cannot be distracted by desperate people who are hungry for power and not for the betterment of the people”.
Do you agree?
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)