He revealed this today in Abakaliki during a meeting with the state COVID-19 response committee, officials of World Health Organisation (WHO), and other stakeholders.
According to him, the reason for this unfortunate development is the carelessness of members of the public amid the pandemic.
He added that the people should start acting responsible to prevent the further spread of the virus in the state.
His words, “You will see a husband that is infected with COVID-19 feeling that its the time to increase his love life with his wife and vice versa.
“Our people should know that no matter how much you love your wife or children, on the judgment day you will not answer for them,”
“People say on the social media that we upload the numbers to get money but nobody has given me ‘one kobo’ except donations from individuals and the Federal Government such as rice.
“Every fund spent on this COVID-19 fight is uploaded into the state government’s website and is disbursed through committees.”
“I am putting forward several recommendations for your consideration which include: concerted efforts to complete renovation of our general hospitals and embarking on house to house monitoring of people who show COVID-19 signs.
“We should daily identify them in our communities and send them to isolation centres through an effective community identification programme.”
“We can also procure ultrasound, X-ray machines among others and station them at each of the three senatorial zones while the committee should meet and recommend the equipment we should purchase.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Trey Songz – Sleepless Nights ft Davido
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay