Multi award winning artiste and entrepreneur D’banj is the most Stylish Nigerian Entertainer 2013. This was the verdict of Encomium Weekly, Nigeria’s most respected celebrity journal.
The prolific entertainer D’banj, was crowned at the Encomium Black & White Ball/ Elegance & Style awards, which held at Ruby Gardens Lekki, Lagos on Sunday April 14, 2013.
Others who were awarded include Julius Agwu, Florence Ita-Giwa who bagged two awards, Abike-Dabiri Erewa, Chris Okotie and Ebube Nwagbo in recognition of their enormous efforts in setting the pace in fashion and style in their respective fields.
28 Awards including 2 lifetime achievement awards were given to remarkable Nigerian individuals who have distinguished themselves in their various professions and impacted positively on the Nigerian society.
1) Best Occasions Wear Designer – Deola Sagoe (Odua Originals)
(2) Best Indigenous Attires Designer – Vivid Imagination (Godwin Mekwuye)
(3) Most Elegant Woman (30’s category) – Chief (Mrs) Shade 0koya
(4) Most Elegant Woman (40’s category) – Chief Nike Oshinowo
(5) Most Elegant Woman (50’s category) – Mrs. Ngozi Nkoloenyi
(6) Most Elegant Woman (60’s category) – Senator (Princess) Florence Ita Giwa
(7) Most Stylish Man (30’s category) – Dbanj
(8) Most Stylish Man (40’s category) – Mr Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede
(9) Most Stylish Man (50’s category) – Rev Chris Okotie
(10) Most Stylist Man (60’s category) – Mr Lanre Ogunlesi, Sofisticat)
(11) Most Stylist Man (70’s category) – High Chief Alex Akinyele
(12) Life time Achievement, Substance and Style – Otunba Michael Subomi Balogun
13) Life time Achievement Substance and Elegance – Senator (Princess) Florence Ita Giwa
(14) Special Recognition Award, Style Leader – Erelu Abiola Dosumu
(15) Special Recognition Award, Pace setting Designer – Hajia Abah Folawiyo
(16) Special Recognition Award, Culture Aficionado – Chief (Mrs) Nike Davis Okundaye
(17) Most Adorable First Lady – Dame Emmanuella Abimbola Fashola
(18) Most Elegant First Lady – Dame Judith Amaechi
(19) Special Recognition Award, Pace setting Clothier – Mr Tex Egbedi (Texen)
(20) Best Promoter of Styles – Da Viva
(21) Most Stylish Governor – Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan
(22) Most Elegant National Assembly Member – Hon Abike Dabiri Erewa
(23) Most Stylish Senator – Senator Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon
(24) Fastest growing Fashion Brand – Twice as Nice
(25) Most Stylish Entertainer – Mr Julius Agwu
(26) Most Elegant Entertainer – Miss Ebube Nwagbo
(27) Best Clothier – Twice as Nice
(28) Most Influential Fashion Brand – Sofisticat
Speaking at the event, Florence Ita-Giwa appreciated receiving the award saying,
It is good I’m being awarded while I can still wear high heels and walk up the stage to receive this award.
The Lifestyle and Fashion Awards and Fashion runway is a new initiative by the organizers of the event to celebrate forerunners and pioneers in the fashion and style business and to showcase designs from upcoming designers.
The Encomium Black & White Ball was proudly sponsored by Intercontinental Distillers LTD, makers of Chelsea London Dry Gin Squadron Dark Rum and Veleta Sparkling Fruit Drink.
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Rema – Soundgasm
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Magnito – Phakama ft Mimi South & Iyanya
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Tekno – Skeletun [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]