A week after Bianca Ojukwu threatened a lawsuit over an �intimate relationship” comment about her, Nigeria’s former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, has withdrawn the controversial comment.
In a statement through his lawyer, Rotimi Akinola, on Thursday, Mr. Fani-Kayode accepted that he erred by making the comment but said it was �bizarre, absurd and inexplicable” that the wife of the late Biafran warlord, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, claimed they were never acquainted.
�As our client said earlier through his press secretary some of the words he used to describe his friendship with Ambassador Ojukwu in his article titled ”A Word For Those Who Call Me A Tribalist” were indiscreet,” Mr. Fani-Kayode’s lawyer said in the statement.
�He hereby withdraws those words,” he added.
News of Mr. Fani-Kayode’s withdrawal of the comments came just as PREMIUM TIMES learnt that several concerned highly placed Nigerians were reaching out to both Mr. Fani-Kayode and Mrs. Ojukwu with a view to amicably resolving the differences between them.
One of those who initiated the peace moves but pleaded not to be named said both parties were cooperating with the efforts at reconciling them.
He said the statement by Mr. Fani-Kayode’s lawyer was part of the measures suggested by the mediators.
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Rockstar [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]