Afrobeat legend and 4-time Grammy nominee is set to take to the stage at the opening ceremony of the African Cup of Nation 2019 tomorrow.
He will perform alongside Hakim and Dobet Gnahore from Egypt and Ivory Coast.
The organizing committee of the continental Mundial revealed this through the Confederation of African Football’s Twitter handle.
The three legends will perform, “Metgamaeen,” which is the official theme tune for the competition.
“Metgamaeen.” means “We Are Together” and Synergy produced the record.
Femi Kuti will perform the song in English, Hakim will rock the same song in Arabic and Dobet Gnahore will dazzle with the same tune in the French language.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)