While the dust raised by the Federal Government’s removal of the director general of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) Dr Harold Demuren is yet to settle, news filtered into the industry on Saturday night that government had also revoked the Air Operators Certificate of Dana Air.
With the withdrawal of the airlines’ certificate, it has become impossible for the embattled carrier to continue flight operations.
The latest development may not be unconnected with the recommendations of the National Assembly after their investigations on the June 3rd, 2012 crash of an MD 83 aircraft belonging to Dana Air at Iju/Ishaga area of Lagos State which claimed over 163 lives on board the plane and on ground.
Both the House of Representatives and Senate had earlier in the year passed a resolution asking the Federal Government to revoke the operating licence of Dana Air and to remove the Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, among other things, based on the report of the committee on the investigation carried out on the 2012 Dana crash
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]