Rotimi Amaechi, the transport minister and former speakers of the 36 states’ Houses of Assembly have met to plan on the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.
The speakers met on the platform of the forum of former speakers and led by Simon Lalong who is the chairman, Guardian reports.
Stanley Ugochukwu who is a former two-time speaker of the Abia state House of Assembly, said the �members resolved to serve as a pressure group to ensure that there is good governance in the country.”
He said: �Nigerians deserve cooperation from all fronts, including non-political organizations to strengthen the country’s democracy.”
A former speaker at the meeting said the meeting was focused on rallying support for President Buhari.
He said: �We discussed extensively, but of course what do you expect from meetings like this? It is to mobilise support for the president and other intending contenders in the forth-coming polls.”
A minister who was also in attendance and spoke on the condition of anonymity said their focus was to increase the president’s popularity. He said: �We also resolved to within our strength in our various constituencies, begin to pacify people and convince them on the need for continuity. This is despite the existing challenges facing the Buhari administration.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Skiibii – Banger ft Reekado Banks [AuDio]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]