The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN), has revealed its plans to begin a nationwide strike on Monday, December 18, in a move that will worsen the current fuel scarcity in some parts of the country.
PENGASSAN stated on Friday, December 15, that after negotiation with the government over some labour issues, it had no choice than to call its members on strike, Premium Times reports.
PENGASSAN had earlier issued a 72-hour ultimatum to the government to intervene over allegations of anti-workers practices perpetrated against some of its members in Neconde Energy Limited.
In response to the ultimatum, the minister of state for petroleum resources, Ibe Kachikwu, had offered to settle the differences between the union and Neconde Energy Limited. The union’s spokesperson, Fortune Obi, said the peace meeting called by the minister during the week ended in a stalemate without a positive resolution of the crisis.
He said: �Following the failure of the minister of petroleum resources, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, to settle the rift between this body and Neconde, the management of PENGASSAN has agreed to start the strike on Monday night.”
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]