Not long ago, Helen Paul threw jabs at some top comedians including Ali Baba, Gordons and Basketmouth at AY Live show event revealing that these veterans were getting old and runing out of jokes to crack. This has triggered rumors about their been a rift between Helen Paul and Ali Baba.
The comedienne finally addressed the issue in a lengthy post on her Instagram page;
�I have watched with mixed feelings, ranging from bewilderment at first, to amazement, and now utter amusement, as some mischief makers have tried to create a non-existent frosty relationship between me and my father and mentor in the industry, Ali Baba. It all started with my jabs at a show � something we all as comedians throw at each other every now and then. All done for laughs � nothing personal.
Ali Baba is someone I respect a lot and it will be foolhardy for anyone to think that I was ‘insulting’ him at that event. I am like a daughter to him and I am sure if he has any issues with me, he would, as an elder and a father, talk to me personally about it. The account and scenario described in his post allegedly referring to me did not even happen to or involve me. It amuses me how people easily read between imaginary lines so that they, like Don King, can promote battles, lol.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Rockstar [AuDio]