SaharaReporters says some unidentified political thugs on Tuesday attacked the convoy of President Goodluck Jonathan in Katsina State during the continuation of his re-election campaign.
Trouble started when Jonathan, accompanied by Vice President Namadi Sambo; National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Adamu Muazu; and Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State among others, decided to pay a courtesy visit to the late President Umoru Yar’Adua’s mother, Hajiya Dada.
As the President and members of his entourage made their way into the Yar’Adua Quarters, the brooms-wielding youths, who were suspected to be members of the APC, chanting �Sai Buhari,” surged forward.
Security agents had a hectic time dispersing the crowd.
The youths regrouped and again moved to attack the President’s convoy as he was ready to leave the residence after the visit.
Security agents fired tear gas canisters to disperse the youths to allow vehicles in the convoy speed off.
As the presidential delegation made their way towards the Katsina Airport, the youths hurled stones at the convoy.
No case of injury was however reported.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Qdot – Ah! [AuDio]