According to the Telegraph, May Myat Noe – the country’s first winner of an international beauty contest – said representatives of the Miss Asia Pacific World pageant lied about her age – saying she was 18 instead of 16 – and tried to pressure her into getting plastic surgery “from head to toe.”
She denied having breast implants as claimed by David Kim, director of media for the South Korean-based pageant. He said the surgery was provided free of charge, part of efforts to boost the teen into super-stardom.
Mr Kim said Noe was stripped of her title last week because she was dishonest and unappreciative, and that she ran off with her tiara after learning of the decision.
Miss Noe said she boarded a plane for Myanmar before getting word.She said she did not intend to steal the crown, but also wasn’t going to give it back without a “sorry,” not just to her, but also to Myanmar.
“I’m not even proud of this crown,””I don’t want a crown from an organization with such a bad reputation.”
The bejewelled Swarovski tiara – valued anywhere between $100,000 (�60,000) and $200,000 (�120,000)
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]