Nollywood actress, Nse Ikpe Etim has disclosed that she will never be able to bear kids because she had her womb evacuated due to an health condition.
She revealed that she was diagnosed with Adenomyosis, a medical condition whereby the inner lining of the uterus breaks through the muscle wall of the uterus, three years ago.
This shocking news stunned everyone and even if some hailed the Nollywood actress for her courage to reveal the situation, some had mean things to say.
Her words, “I was told I couldn’t have kids. And so, I had to have a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) to make me have a life again and to stop going through what I was going through. And I’m literarily telling women and men, it really doesn’t matter if you can’t bear children. What really matters is what you would do for the world, for the universe.”
“When I was first told by the doctor that I would have to remove my womb to live a normal life, tears dropped and then my husband squeezed my hand. .
“It was reassuring that there was someone there and it was telling me that this is reality, my reality. The ordeal made me fall into depression.
“I didn’t think there was any point anymore because my society taught me that I have to be a mother to be appreciated and every time I went online, I would have one troll or two say ‘you never born? But I’m thankful that that didn’t break me.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]