B-red has come out to state that Davido’s success has gone a long way in helping him to be a better person.
In a recent interview with Punch, he spoke on his struggling music career compared to his cousin’s massive success.
He said, “A record company will always push one artiste before others and Davido was the first on the list. He is my family member and I don’t hate him. I am happy he is successful and a big artiste in Africa because his success rubs off on me too.
It is normal for people to always compare artistes, but it is left for you to ignore that. It is just music and everyone can be at the top at the same time. I don’t care about what people say; I just make music.“
“I am not where I would love to be but I am in a better place compared to where I was five years ago. I started music as Davido’s hype man and I travelled around the world with him. That was how I built my career and I started singing from there.”
“Since I worked closely with Davido, I also saw how Davido struggled when he first came into the industry. That gave me the push too. When people were criticising my music, I didn’t argue with them; I just kept working hard. Now, people show me love.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Trap Symphony [AuDio]
- Diamond Platnumz – Simba [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]